Wednesday, November 10, 2021

I Feel Good...

11.10.21 

The past few days, I have run into a bunch of people out and about. So many have told me that I look really good with a hint of surprise. And I have responded that I feel good.

It's not a lie. I do feel good, and I want people to know that. While I have been open and honest in this blog space about my journey, my anxieties, and my emotions, I hope that I have not given people the impression that I am laid up and in poor shape. I am not. Sure, I get tired a bit quicker as I'm still recovering, but I feel good and at this point, my body has responded well to the surgery which gives me hope that it will also manage the upcoming chemotherapy well, too. So, I wanted all of my readers to know that I am doing really well.

While you're here, I'll just give a quick update. Yesterday, we met with my team oncologist. My team remains positive about my prognosis. Colon cancer care is pretty well established in my situation and the success rate is high. Even so, we are going to get a 2nd opinion and view of treatment on Monday from another highly rated oncologist.

My team anticipates 6 months of chemo which will begin about December 13th. The IV and pill treatment will be every 3 weeks over those 6 months and we are starting on 12/13 so that schedule will allow me to travel to Florida in December for my niece's bat mitzvah without missing treatment. It will also allow me to be at the end of my last 3 week cycle the weekend of Nadav's bar mitzvah in May with my final treatment coming the Monday after his bar mitzvah weekend. Assuming all goes smoothly and according to plan, I should feel well enough to go to Israel with my family in early June.

So, that's the hope right now. In the meantime, I am looking forward to getting back to work around Thanksgiving and I am really excited to launch #GratefulFighters soon in order to start raising money for cancer charities and to raise awareness of the importance of screenings and early detection.

To that end, I hope you all keep sharing stories about you and yours scheduling colonoscopies and mammograms with me. I am proud of so many of you for taking action for yourselves and your loved ones. Keep it up and keep spreading the word to your networks. These procedures are not bad and they just may save your life. 

My landscape would be empty if you were gone...so please take action today.

I'll share another update after meeting with the next oncologist next week. Until then, know I continue to be grateful for your love, support, and prayers.

#EarlyDetectionSavesLives
#GratefulFighters

 


 

4 comments:

  1. LFG. Great to hear. Sending you daily positive & grateful energy and healing vibes to power up the fight

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear how well you feel! My husband and I are both in our early 60's and have yet to schedule our colonoscopies......will be doing so now! Thanks for posting your messages. Love, hugs and continued prayers to your entire family!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and THANK YOU for taking action. Please schedule those colonoscopies and spread the word as well.

      Appreciate the love, hugs, and prayers!

      Delete